Our Story

Ceremony

Just Married

When the Choice Isn't Always Obvious...

by - March 27, 2014


Lately I have been faced with quite a few big life decisions. And while I must say that I feel so incredibly blessed to even be in a position to have to make such decisions, it nonetheless can still be pretty overwhelming. That being said, I have been doing a great deal of praying about them and looking to God and his Word for guidance. The following verses are ones I have found helpful in times when the choice isn't always immediately obvious.

Proverbs 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. 

James 1: 5-6 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 

Phillipians 4: 6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, do everything in the name of Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts and I am helped; my heart exalts, and with my song I give thanks to him. 





You May Also Like

0 comments