Our Story

Ceremony

Just Married

Our Happily Ever After: The Ceremony

by - June 26, 2014

Our outdoor ceremony was held at the lawn of the barnhouse at Oak Hill Farm.
We lucked out with such a beautiful June day.



I was inspired by a photo I ran across on Pinterest of doors draped with florals at the ceremony altar, and I knew that this was the backdrop I desired for our big day. I found this tutorial helpful, as well, in figuring out how to create the babies breath garland.



I had run across several different rustic looking program options that I loved and worked to combine elements of those I liked to not only make it unique to our ceremony, but also save a little money by creating them on my own. A little cardstock, lace, twine, and a professional staff comprised of my mother and hubby-to-be and we had them done in no time.  


































Check out the nerves on that face...deep breaths girl.


Then, a change. Laughs had by all, as one of the horses that had pulled us in our gorgeous carriage decided it was a great time to release himself. When you gotta go, you gotta go -  and I must say it provided some serious comic relief. I was good to go after that.






And then the tears started to come. Happy ones of course (well, at least I'm hoping ;)).


And as soon as I saw that face, my waterworks set in.



Love both these men so much.




















In lieu of candles or sand, we chose to do a Unity Rose Ceremony. Each of our dear mothers carried and placed a bouquet of roses in one of the colored vases upon their entrance to the ceremony. Ryan and I then took one of the flowers from each of these vases to place together in a new vase to symbolize our families coming together as one.






















I must admit, I think there were several points along the way where I told my dad or Ryan that this couldn't be real. I felt like I was in a fairytale from start to finish, and there are no words to explain my feelings in knowing that it was real, and it is our fairytale. I think I now have an idea as to how Cinderella must have felt on her wedding day.

Stayed tuned tomorow for some of our favorite portrait shots with my ladies, Ry's guys, family and eachother.

For more from our big day feel free to also check out:

Credits and Special Thanks:
Ceremony Coordination: My favorite ladies from An Event Less Ordinary
Minister: Keith Johnson (we cherish not only our friendship with you, but the unforgettable and personal way you led our ceremony.)
Vintage Rentals: Simply Vintage
Florals: Cathy Ott (they were beautiful!)
Groom's/Boys Ties/Hats: The Vintage Beau
Groomsmen/Dads Ties: Me and Matilda
Flower Girl Dresses/Headbands: Posh Peanut
Flower Girl Balloons: Shop Sweet Lulu
"Wait til' you see here" Signage: Merry Me Signs
And of course, all of our family and friends for being a part of our day.



You May Also Like

0 comments