Our Story

Ceremony

Just Married

DIY Prayer Board

by - August 15, 2014


I have seen so many different prayer board ideas over the years, and I have always loved the idea as a constant reminder not only of how to be intentional about our prayers -  but also simply that we should be praying consistently as individuals and a couple in general.

My mother purchased us this statement cork board above for one of our bridal showers, and as I hung it on our wall and contemplated what to use it for, this idea seemed the perfect choice.

To spruce it up a bit, I purchased some scrapbooking flowers and had the hubs hot glue them to the ends of clear tacks.  For some reason the man loves to hot glue - Not sure, but I am thinking possibly because it involves a "gun" he considers it to be the manly version of crafting. 
Either way - I love the help.

The flowers definitely added the pop of color I was looking for.

Then I added a few bronze buckets I found at Michaels to hang on the hooks and store the supplies for the board.

In the first one, I placed our patterned Post-Its (purchased at The Container Store), in the middle one, I put the extra tacks not currently being used, and in the last, pens for writing the prayer requests.

I am loving how it adds pizazz and purpose to our kitchen wall.



You May Also Like

0 comments